Your privacy is of utmost importance to us, and maintaining your trust and confidence is one of our highest priorities. We respect your right to keep your personal information confidential and understand your desire to avoid unwanted solicitations. Please read the following to learn how we protect your privacy.
A. TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We collect certain personal information about you – but only when that information is provided by you or is obtained by us with your authorization. We use that information to provide our services to you.
Examples of sources from which we collect information include:
- Meetings and phone calls with you,
- Letters, emails, and forms from you
- Documents provided by you or by third parties representing you
- Through third party services or systems which we help manage for you as part of our services, such as payroll software and systems, accounting software and systems, governmental bodies, etc.
- Through the use of our website (located at https://simplestartup.com (the “Site”), we may automatically log your browser type, language preference, precise geographic location, the date and time of your visit to the Site, any actions you take on the Site, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and the website you visited before the Site.
In addition, we may receive and store information about your use of the Site and our services. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Site or in our emails. We may use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Other. We may also use clear gifs or other data files or identifiers to collect information for statistical purposes and to improve and develop the services. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are placed on a hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages.
Do Not Track. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We do not respond to browser-based “do not track” signals. Some third party sites who push content to our Site may keep track of your browsing activities over time and across different websites when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you.
B. PARTIES TO WHOM WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION
As a general rule, we do not disclose personal information about our clients or former clients to anyone. However, to the extent permitted by law, certain nonpublic information about you may be disclosed in the following situations:
- To comply with a validly issued and enforceable subpoena or summons.
- In the course of a review of our firm’s practices under the authorization of a state or national licensing board, or as necessary to properly respond to an inquiry or complaint from such a licensing board of organization.
- In conjunction with a prospective purchase, sale, or merger of all or part of our practice, provided that we take appropriate precautions (for example, through a written confidentiality agreement) so the prospective purchaser or merger partner does not disclose information obtained in the course of the review.
- As a part of any actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings either initiated by or against us, provided we disclose only the information necessary to file, pursue, or defend against the lawsuit and take reasonable precautions to ensure that the information disclosed does not become a matter of public record.
- To provide information to affiliates of the firm and nonaffiliated third parties who perform services or functions for us in conjunction with our services to you, but only if we have a contractual agreement with the other party which prohibits them from disclosing or using the information other than for the purposes for which it was disclosed.
Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights. Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed certain information collected in connection with the Site and the services we provided to you during the preceding year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at [email protected] For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request and include the name of the Site, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
C. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except as otherwise described in this notice, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to employees of our firm and other parties who must use that information to provide services to you. Their right to further disclose and use the information is restricted by the policies of our firm, applicable law, our Proprietary Information Agreement, and nondisclosure agreements where appropriate. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to guard your personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or premature destruction. Despite these measures, you should know that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with information and mistakes may happen.
Simple Startup welcomes your questions or comments regarding the Terms:
1919 14th St. Ste. 700 (Industrious)
Boulder, Colorado 80302 (You’re welcome to come visit any time!)
Email Address: [email protected]
Telephone number: 800-997-0331
Last updated March 25, 2019