We’re looking for…
To help us with…
- Handling AR/AP Liaison (liaising with our customers’ vendors and clients via email and phone, applying customer payments, making collection calls)
- Processing payroll and handling payroll transactions/payroll allocation
- Managing our client inbox – making our clients feel awesome and supported
- Reconciling bank, cash, and credit card accounts
- Managing client expense reporting
- Preparing GAAP compliant financial statements
- Other special projects as they arise – anything from helping us to solve a bank connection error for an onboarding client, to researching and implementing an improved inventory recording process, to helping the team prepare for a client close meeting
Changing the face of finance! We help awesome entrepreneurs simplify their finances, understand the numbers and make smart, informed business decisions. We make finance FUN (it is possible…)!
- Have fun!
- Treat everyone like rockstars
- Do good
- Eat the frog (do the hard thing!)
- Use all our strength
- Kaizen – continuous improvement
Our perfect candidate:
- Is a rising Senior pursuing a degree in the field of accounting, or is a recent graduate or master’s student with their bachelors in accounting or a related field.
- Has great – no, INCREDIBLE, attention to detail – you don’t guess, you know or you ask.
- Has strong communication skills and is a master of time management.
- Is willing to turn their hand to anything and jump in where needed, and thrives in a fast-paced environment with little direction.
What you’ll get:
- Experience – Hands-on accounting and startup experience in a young and growing accounting and finance firm here in Boulder – this is NOT a coffee making, paper pushing type of internship, and it’s NOT a Big 4 type of firm. We’re very much a startup so you should expect to get a wide variety of experience 🙂
- Learning – The opportunity to work with and learn from accounting professionals with a variety of experience – from Staff Accountant to CPA.
- Free drinks and grub – Free coffee, snacks, happy hours, and networking through our awesome co-working space!
- Paid! – This is not an unpaid internship. Our rate for this position is $15/hr. We expect this internship to be full-time, i.e. 40 hrs/week.
- Full-time opportunity – The chance to be seriously considered for a full-time job post-internship should things go well.
- Fun team & events – We work hard but we also like to have a good time, so expect the occasional hip hop class, trip to the Escape Room, or happy hour!
– Your resume
– A one-page story (instead of a cover letter) that tells us why you are the perfect fit for Simple Startup.