Why Now Is The Perfect Time To Sharpen Your Financial Skills
On Surviving the Pandemic and Sharpening Your Financial Skills
The coronavirus pandemic continues to keep many businesses across the country shuttered, and business owners are doing everything they can to make sure their companies survive.
All small businesses that need relief should be working to get funding from any number of government sources:
- Small Business Administration disaster relief grants
- Government-backed forgivable loans to maintain payroll
- Federal Reserve’s Main Street lending program
If your business is unable to operate right now, you may find yourself checking the news every 5 minutes, agonizing about the longevity of your company’s financial health.
Your concern is understandable. But at the end of the day, worrying 24/7 isn’t going to help.
That’s why there’s never been a better time for you to prioritize training and education to build your team’s skill sets. Online business courses for entrepreneurs give you a chance to work on your business, not just in your business.
Remote online learning has a lot of benefits over your traditional conference or in-person workshop:
- Do it on your schedule at a time that works for you
- Learn from the comfort of your own home
- Costs less than in-person business courses
- No travel, accommodation or hospitality expenses
- Complies with social distancing recommendations
With so much economic uncertainty, learning the ins-and-outs of financial modeling and cash management are critical skills that could be the difference between life and death for your company.
That’s where the Simple Startup Academy comes in.
What is the Simple Startup Academy?
The Simple Startup Academy is a collection of affordable and approachable online business finance courses led by real-world professional CFOs.
Our online video courses teach financial accounting skills that can help entrepreneurs and small business owners wrap their heads around their company’s books.
Some of the skills taught in Simple Startup Academy online business finance courses include:
Learn how to develop your own financial model (something that would cost $5000+ to hire a fractional CFO to do) so you can see into the future of your business and answer questions like:
- What are your profit margins and are they where they need to be?
- Should you take on debt to grow your business?
- Should you hire more staff? How much should you budget for new hires?
- Is it time to enter a new market or open new locations?
- Is it prudent to buy or sell assets?
- And more!
Create your own personalized cash monitoring and analysis tool to understand the near-term future of your cash flow, and develop mitigation strategies for different possible scenarios (including one like the situation we’re currently in).
It’s a lot easier to sleep at night when you know the bills for the next three months are covered.
Get tips for how to stretch your bank account further — everything from tax timing and AR/AP tricks to ways to cut spending and more. This is an essential skill for surviving economic downturns like the one we’re in right now.
How Do Simple Startup Academy Courses Work?
Our Academy process is super simple:
- Choose the course you want to take on our Academy page.
- Purchase the course you’re going to take.
- You’ll get access to a full online suite of videos, instructional documentation, and financial templates for you to work with throughout the course.
- As you complete each element of the course, you fill out the provided checklist to make sure you don’t skip a beat.
- Over the course of a few weeks with our course, you become a financial accounting genius and your business is ready for a future of growth and prosperity.
Plus, every course participant gets some extra-special perks, including:
- Live one-on-one video meetings with Simple Startup founder and finance guru, Lorne Noble
- Exclusive access to our private Facebook group where you can ask questions and share your own tips and tricks with our community of entrepreneurs and financial experts
- Your own customized financial models that you can use for years to come
Start Preparing for the Other Side of this Crisis Now
If you’re dealing with extra free time, staff with no work to do, and a pile of anxiety, now’s the time to put your energy into developing your financial skills to help guide you through the current crisis and plan for the next.
Simple Startup was built to help our small business and entrepreneur clients navigate the murky waters of financial planning, with a mindset toward sustainable growth. We’ve worked with over a hundred clients to do just that.
“We love the proactive engagement, intelligence, empathy [the Simple Startup team] brings.” — Robbie Vitrano, CEO of Goodspread
“Simple Startup is terrific! They are very hard working and do whatever it takes to get the job done. They are extremely responsive to any requests as well as being proactive. They are inquisitive and have great follow up. I have been very happy with the service.” — Jane Miller, CEO of janeknows.com
“Simple Startup was able to synthesize, organize and arrange our vision in a way that made sense. They asked the right questions and truly cared about the future of our business, making it feel like they were a trusted member of our team.” — Aaron Ekalo, CEO of Good Luck Chuck
The Academy takes the combined expertise of our financial team and puts it all into one easy-to-access online portal for anyone to improve their financial accounting skills.
Taking entrepreneur classes with Simple Startup is a no-brainer:
- It saves you the time and energy of trying to research and teach yourself these skills on your own
- Saves you the cash it would cost to hire a fractional CFO to develop personalized models and monitoring tools for your business
- Connects you with a community of consulting CFOs, financial accounting experts, and like-minded entrepreneurs
- Provides the opportunity to network and get tips from people who’ve been through the trenches and lived to tell the tale
Now is the perfect time to take a step back and ask big picture questions like, “Where do you want your business to look like 5 years down the road?”
Invest a little time into learning now so you can put your company on a path toward sustainable growth for well into the future.